Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Summer Workshop






I treated myself to this neato weekend intensive at Greenwich House Pottery, "focus on terra sigillata". The instructor, Stephen Robison, who teaches at UNC, did a great job and had a terrific slide show for us ( always helpful for jump-starting ideas ). I really enjoyed working at this studio, and I'll post pics of things post-glaze firing. The small pots show what our group's trial pieces looked like after applying the terra sigillata slip, but before firing. These three leather-hard pots with the funky shapes applied outside I will glaze and then fire in GHP's gas kiln, a type of firing I am not able to do at the dojo, so that should be pretty exciting. The large gas kilns have an array of kiln gremlins sitting atop that I thought warranted a photo.

No comments: