Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Beautiful




Yes, I know I have posted a lot of photos lately of things that have caught my eye whilst rambling around the city, but I can't resist sharing this one. I suspect it is the work of the well-known but secretive artist Swoon, who has had work shown at the MoMA, and at other established spaces. This appears to be a linoleum or woodblock print, quite large, on the signature fragile paper that she adheres to public spaces, considering the eventual decomposition of the work as part of its meaning. Of course, I can't be completely sure that this is her work, but it is masterful, and really does take things to another level. As Tuesday is my usual day for visiting a few galleries, I do have photos of some other observations, but they will have to wait for another posting.

No comments: